Like the standard Pulsar SafeEar, the SafeEarWP – Water & Dust Resistant Noise-Activated Warning Sign is a highly visible noise warning sign. This model has been designed especially for use outdoors or indoors in environments where water or liquid spray may be present. Such environments might include places where regular cleaning takes place such as hospitals, food processing units, or leisure centres and spas.
The sign uses high-intensity white LED technology for maximum visual impact and lights up at a pre-set trigger level to warn when noise levels are too high. The trigger level can easily be adjusted by removing the small panel at the back. It can be set anywhere between 40 dB(A) and 114 dB(A), so it is equally suitable for noisy or quiet environments.
For Noisy Environments
A key application for the signs is in areas of high noise to warn workers when they need to put their hearing protection on and when it is safe to remove it. Rated as IP65, the signs are perfect for use in areas such as construction sites, outside maintenance areas, or anywhere exposed to rainfall or high moisture levels.
When Quiet is Required
Not only can they be used to warn workers and visitors when hearing protection needs to be worn, but they can also be used outside entertainment venues, night clubs and public houses to help reduce the risk of noise complaints by alerting people leaving the premises of high noise levels. Other such uses might include inside hospitals where high levels of cleaning occur, or in areas where low-noise levels are preferred like Spa areas.
Easy to install
Installation is simple.
- Select the noise trigger level on rear of the unit anywhere from 40dB(A) for quiet environments or our recommended 80dB(A) for noisy environments (the SafeEar will be pre-set at this level when it leaves us).
- Select how long you would like the message illuminated for after the noise levels have returned to safety. We recommend setting it at 30 seconds to make sure the noise hazard has gone and to avoid confusion of when it’s safe to remove hearing PPE.
- Select the brightness on the rear of the unit. We recommend the maximum brightness and this is pre-set by us for your convenience, but you may need to adjust it for outside environments.
- Connect the 12v power supply to the unit.
- Mount the SafeEar sign easily on the wall using the two screws provided. It is lightweight and suitable for mounting onto brick, wood or plaster surfaces.
A template for mounting and further operating instructions are available on the SafeEar datasheet available in the Downloads section on this page.