Hand Arm Vibration Meter
The Pulsar vB Hand-Arm Vibration Meter has been designed to conduct highly accurate Hand-Arm Vibration measurements of your tools and machinery, helping you to comply with The Control of Vibration at Work Regulations (2005).
It is simply the best HAV meter to measure the vibration of your power tools and machinery to help protect your workers from HAVS and Vibration White Finger. The Pulsar vB takes quick and reliable measurements of all the essential parameters for Hand-Arm Vibration assessment. The Pulsar vB has been specifically designed to make the job as simple as possible. Its small size, combined with a powerful processor and large memory enables Safety Professionals to take Hand Arm Vibration to the next level.
It’s supplied with a simple to attach tri-axial accelerometer with which simultaneous X, Y and Z readings are taken and displayed on the screen in real-time. Measurements can be taken in M/S2 or in G, and results are given for Aeq, Peak and Vector Sum. Measured data is also calculated into the HSE’s easy to use colour coded points system, and also displays the Exposure Action Value (EAV) and Exposure Limit Value (ELV) times.
The Safety Professional’s Choice
- Easy to use: fix to your tool, switch on and press record
- Triaxial accelerometer for X, Y, Z measurements
- Essential measurements: Arms, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, HSE Exposure Points, EAV, ELV
- Large clear display to view everything you need
- Colour coded measurements so you know if there’s a problem
- Large memory to keep your measurements safe
- Download to the vB Plus Software for effortless reporting
This is a ‘must-have’ all for Health and Safety Managers to assess vibration exposure in their workforce by giving accurate vibration magnitude measurements of the power tools your employees use.
Watch our video for more information.
Features of the Pulsar vB – HAV Meter:
- Only 3 operational buttons for simple use
- Tri-axial vibration meter
- Meets ISO 8041:2005 (Human response to vibration) for compliance with ISO 5359:2001 (Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to hand-transmitted vibration)
- Large dynamic range: Frequency range 2hz – 500hz +/-10%
- Measurement paramaters: acceleration, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, Exposure Points
- Re-chargeable battery pack and charger
- Large ‘Flash’ memory storing up to 992 recordings
- Rugged accelerometer, and impact resistant body and cable
- Large colour OLED display with colour coded measurements (Red, Amber, Green)
Workers are at risk of HAVS if they regularly use hand-held or hand-guided power tools and machines such as:
- Concrete breakers, concrete pokers;
- Sanders, grinders, disc cutters;
- Hammer drills;
- Chipping hammers;
- Chainsaws, brush cutters, hedge trimmers,
- Powered mowers;
- Scabblers or needle guns.
Workers are also at risk if they hold work pieces which vibrate while being processed by powered machinery such as pedestal grinders.
They are particularly at risk if they regularly operate:
- hammer action tools for more than about 15 minutes per day; or
- some rotary and other action tools for more than about one hour per day
As they are likely to be above the exposure action value set out in the regulations.
ISO 8041 : 2005 Human Response to Vibration
For compliance with:
ISO 5349 : 2001 Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to hand-transmitted vibration
Level Ranges: Pulsar vB (vB001) (Integration = Acceleration)
|Low||0.05 – 200.0||0.005 – 20.4|
|High||0.50 – 2000.0||0.50 – 204.0|
Acceleration: Arms, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, Exposure Points
Linear Operating range:
WH – Hand Arm Filter
Flash memory storing up to 992 recordings
<0.002 m/s2 Low Range
<0.020 m/s2 High Range
Full Colour Graphic OLED Display (160 x 128)
NiMH re-chargeable cell pack
Typically 10 hours continuous use
Input: 5 Pin Lemo Socket
AC Output: 4 Pole 3.5mm Jack Socket
Download: USB Micro B (Cable Supplied)
Recharge: DC Socket (Charger & Cable Supplied)
Temperature Operating Range: -10 to + 50ºC
Humidity: Up to 90% RH Non Condensing
Designed in accordance with the following
Electromagnetic Compatibility Directives: –
• SI 2005/281
High Impact ABS plastic with tactile membrane keypad